Being a young damsel in Campus could be a total distress, especially when it comes to boys and sex.
Our emotions and hormones lead us to paths we weren’t able to imagine we would cross. But we don’t hesitate to cross them anyway! Well, the hook up is here. All the science is done. But now what? It was a hook up,right? I hope he doesn’t think there’s more into it? Or does he? Or do I? I don’t know.
A million thoughts form a chain of thoughts and the moments after the hook up made totally awkward.Girls too got to put the situation under control.Well, here is how to avoid that mess using different kinds of scenarios:
1. So you hooked up with your good friend who you always thought was kinda cute and had the fun while it lasted. And here you are,the nature of your relationship is changed and you are not sure where you stand.
Solution: You are an empowered woman—it’s only awkward if you make it so!Pull your friend aside and have a chat about what happened and if there are any feelings other than friendship between the two of you.
2. You started chatting with your classmate and development a somewhat deeper friendship that turned into something wild. Will sitting next to them in class be awkward?
Solution: Often our feelings of awkwardness are due to feeling self-conscious, perhaps seeing him reminds us of rejection; perhaps,he didn’t call? When you cross paths with your hookup, smile, wave, acknowledge them, give a quick hello—don’t avoid eye contact or ignore them.
3. You are probably an intern or basically handling school and work. This long for a certain workmate became surprisingly mutual and lit a spark. You are now not sure of the PH in your working environment.
Solution: Always keep in mind that you are an empowered woman.Talk about expectations afterwards—are you both on the same page regarding whether the hookup was a one-time thing, or the possible beginning of a relationship? Talk through without defensiveness or drama. Clearing the air as soon as possible makes it easier to return to business as usual.
4. Your next door neighbor has finally knocked on your door after for some Netflix and chill after realizing a hot chic just moved in. How do you walk out freely without the fear of bumping into him?
Solution: Usually here, it’s the chic who’s ashamed of people seeing the guy creep out of her bedsitter. We live in a culture that expects women to be sexual creatures, ‘sexualizing’ them, and then shames them when they have sex. Trust me this is a thought that you would wish didn’t get to you when the moment becomes nothing like you thought it would be.
5. You become a usual at a local and hook up with this guy in the circles of friends that you guys make. Will you change your usual place of turning up? Will he even be saying hi?
Solution: Accept what happened and move on.Imagine 10 years down the road, by then it will be a quaint and faded memory; that kind of visualization can defuse the thought. Also he may also feel a bit awkward, your comfortable stance can also help diffuse the tension.
6. In whatever line of work, you hook up with someone who is technically your boss. It doesn’t have to be the top boss. This is someone who is now supposed to tell you what to do.
Solution: You were not quite supposed to do this, so awkwardness is a must. Avoid hooking up with them in the first place. It’s awkward because you either feel ashamed because you know it was all just a lie, you really didn’t have feelings for him, or you feel disappointed that he never called. But now that it’s happened, when you see him again, smile and be friendly, but not seductive. He’s your boss, after all, so try to be as casual as possible without any confrontation.
There you go. You are officially not a damsel in distress. Just remember, it takes two to tango, so odds are you aren’t the only one wanting the awkwardness to go away! Any other solutions you got to solve awkward moments after a hook up? Let us know below.